Friday, February 29, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 38

Let me start with a huge congratulations to my lovely wife!!!!! While I was pigging out due to a stressful week, she managed an incredibly loss. And trust me, she had just as much if not more crazzines this week than I did!!! Way to go sweetie you are looking hot!!!



219!!! A gain of a whole heck of a lot.

But did you notice the asterisk. I know this is cheating and rationalizing and all that but I really don't weigh 219.

Ok, I did weigh 219 when I step on the scale this morning, but for the rest of this week I have weighed 217.

Last night I was at a board meeting surrounded by salty snacks of which I helped myself to plenty. So that is the asterisk. I blame the 219 on late night salty snacks. It should be gone tomorrow, or the next day.

But even without this mornings tainted weigh-in I still would have had a gain this week.

So let's get to the real issue. I am a pretty even keel guy. I don't get stressed out much, and when I do get stressed I do my best to keep it calm on the outside... the whole duck under the water thing.

I have been a little overwhelmed these last two weeks. To be honest, there is a lot of it I love. I love preforming under pressure, I love how it makes the work exciting... I don't love missing my family or letting the stress drive me to eat however.

Last week I was genuinely stress eating, it was an unconscious falter.

This week I have been using stress as an excuse to allow myself to pig out... and I knew I was doing it. Every one of those snacks was a conscious decision "justified" by my "oh so stressful week"!

Well next week looks like it is going to be just as crazy as the past two, but I am retiring the "stress eating" excuse. I am getting back on track next week, crazy week or not! No ifs, ends or buts about it.

The good news in all this gluttony is my exercise. In the past workouts would have been the first thing to go when I was tight on time. But not now.

My workouts have been my one constant over the last two weeks. That is a huge accomplishment for me and one I am very proud of.

Ok I got deadlines people, so until next week, have a great weekend.

Tony
2/29: 219lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
5 pounds to go

1 comment:

ElleTeeJay said...

Thanks for the props, baby!

I have to be sure my big loss doesn't lull me into a false sense of security, though. We'll both need to "hang tough" next week!

Love you!