Friday, January 4, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 14

Happy New Year, GHMIW fans!

What a great holiday! Lots of family, lots of friends, and lots of fun. All that good stuff made it a little difficult to come back to work.

I will admit there was some general food-related debauchery over the holidays. I ate what I wanted, when I wanted:

Birthday cake (celebrating the 2nd anniversary of our daughters' births), cheesy potatoes, my mom's homemade caramel rolls, Tony's mom's egg souffle, lots and lots of salty ham, pizza from a favorite take-out place in Duluth with my family, Christmas cookies, pasta bar for dinner at a favorite local restaurant with a big group of old friends, a gigantic sushi feast with a close friend from far away, buffalo chicken dip on New Year's Eve, and so many other yummy things.

I drank what I wanted, when I wanted:

Beer, wine, Colorado Bulldogs, champagne, martinis...even a Tom and Jerry, one gigantic mojito (some might have called it a small pitcher), and one Chocolate Cake shot (celebrating the 30th anniversary of my sister-in-law's birth).

I also got to the gym a few times, which felt really good. (Thanks for being my workout buddy, Katie!)

I gave myself full license to enjoy the food and drink of the holiday without limitation. I actually sort of wanted to see what would happen. In my past, if I’ve been tracking my weight, I’ve been “dieting.” If I’m not “dieting,” I’m not tracking my weight. I usually de-rail when I know I haven’t been eating like I should and then I’m afraid to step on the scale. Thus begins the ugly downward spiral.

So, I decided to tempt fate and see what would happen if I let myself off the hook. I wanted to see just what the damage would be. The actual number wasn’t that bad. I will admit that getting back into the swing of healthy eating is a little tougher than I thought it would be, but I’m ready to kick it back into gear.

I can’t imagine going back to where I was. In fact, I refuse to do so. I mean, really…I’ve already unsubscribed from the Lane Bryant e-mail list.

Have a great week, everyone!
Laura

My update:
12/21/2007: 189.4 pounds
01/04/2008: 191.6 (a gain of 2.2 pounds)
Total loss: 36.8 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

work outs do feel good don't they. If I had the time I would spend 2 or 3 hours a day just exercising. maybe not in the gym but I still would do that. i would do a lot of hiking and swimming too.

ElleTeeJay said...

So many possible workouts...so little time!