Friday, January 4, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 30



220.4! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 3.2 pounds.

I'd call that a great start to the New Year. I still have 4 pounds to go to get down to my pre-holiday low and 6 pounds to reach overweight status, but that will come quickly enough. I'll be hitting the gym good and hard all week next week and getting my eating back on track has not been tough at all.

This has been an amazing year for me, and again all I can ask myself is why did it take so long to do this. Sure it has been some work, but not nearly as much as I expected. In fact once I got into the groove of things I would say the whole thing has come pretty easy. I guess you just have to be at the right place in your life to make the change.

So lets look back at who I was a year ago.


One year ago I weighed 288 pounds.
I regularly consumed over 3500 calories a day.
I couldn't run more than 1 minute at a time.
I wore a XXL shirt.
I wore size 46 pants.




Today I weigh 220 pounds.
I eat less than 2000 calories a day on average.
I work out 5 days a week for 45 minutes.
I can run more than 34 minutes at a time.
I can run a 5k on a treadmill.
I wear a L shirt.
I wear size 36 pants.
I feel great.

I am really proud of what I have accomplished .and I am really excited to see what new accomplishments I will be able to achieve this year.

As always I thank all of you for the help and support and encouragement.


Only 5 votes this week. Had we had 10 our winner would have been Cousin Angie. Nice voting Angie.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
1/4: 220.4lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
6.4 pounds to go.

7 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

I look at those pictures from last year, and I can't even believe it's you. I am so proud of you. Thanks, too, for your support and motivation.

ElleTeeJay said...

Oh, and by the way...you're lookin' pretty cute in that turtleneck sweater. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tony posted this write up and pictures on your mirror. What great motivation for never going back. Just the picture of you and maggie should be enough.
The last ten yards can be the hardest but you'll make it.
Great job and I know you'll have a good year.
Looking forward to our run
love dad

Anonymous said...

Post not posted
Dad

Anonymous said...

wow what a huge difference. You have made an amazing amount of progress in a year.
Your probably not going to like me for saying this but I thought you were pretty cute even with all of that weight on. Maybe its just because I like big cuddly men.

Tony said...

I'm blushing.

ElleTeeJay said...

Trust me...he's still cuddly.