Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Living For The Moment

I had a sort of epiphany on my way in to work today. I think it is the exact same epiphany I had on January 2nd last year.

I spend way to much of my life waiting for things to happen. I have not been living in the moment much lately.

The last few days were spent hanging around the house with my three girls with no real plan or purpose... something I used to love to do. But this time I was going stir crazy. I wanted to do things, to get out of the house and play. Go to the pool, go to a movie, do something.

What I realized on the my drive in this morning is what a wonderful day we ended up having just hanging around the house doing nothing. If I had been living in the moment I would have recognized it at the time.

My healthy journey is the one area of my life where I feel like I have really been living in the moment. Keeping this daily journal has forced me to appreciate the journey as much as the destination. Sure I have been pushing towards a goal, but along the way I have really enjoyed myself.

I've never been one for New Years resolutions, but if I were going to make one this year it would be to live life in the moment. To appreciate these golden times as they are happening. We'll see how I do.

As for the gluttony that was the last two weeks. We'll talk about that tomorrow. I can't wait to get back on the treadmill today... although I will take my time and enjoy these precious hours before then.

Tony
1/2: 223.6lbs
Goal: 220 lbs. ACCOMPLISHED
NEW GOAL: 214
lots of lbs. to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate where you are coming from! I have two kids, weight to lose and I am inspired by your blog! I love the passion and reality. We all face tensions in this middle time of adulthood and parenting, but we can do it!!