Thursday, January 3, 2008

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 30

The first contest of the New Year.

So the gluttony. Well there was gluttony and a lot of it. The week between Christmas and New Years kind of turned into a food free for all. Somehow I convinced myself that I had a free pass to be as bad as I wanted and I was bad.... but not nearly as bad as I was on a daily basis 30 weeks ago. I guess that is the silver lining. Even in my worst pig-out moments last week, I was still more restrained than I would have been on any given day prior to starting this Journey. Hopefully next Holiday season I will be at a place where the word gluttony is long forgotten.

The good news is after just one day of eating better and hitting the gym the pounds are already starting to come off. I think we are for sure looking at a loss from last Friday's weigh-in.

I had a little extra motivation on the treadmill yesterday. Towards the end of my run a guy got on the treadmill next to me and started up a conversation. Turns out he is a triathlete who competed in this year Iron Man Championships in Kona, Hawaii and he knows my friend Anthony who also competed at Kona this year. This guy was cruising away at 9 or 10 miles an hour on the treadmill carrying on a conversation like we were sitting on a bench in the park. I on the other hand was huffing and puffing away. But I did run an extra 4 minutes because I was to embarrassed to stop running in front of him. It was a nice little kick in the pants to get me back in the swing of things.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

I started tracking calories yesterday...but one day of stats won't do you much good. So, stats will return next week.

Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
1/3: 223.6lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
lots of lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 lbs loss this week. I know that you are back on track, and you are an inspiration for me to stop my gluttonous spree. Also, I have only 7 weeks before I will be putting on a bathing suit.
Love Mom

ElleTeeJay said...

I'll take 1.2 pounds. Love you!

Anonymous said...

2.2lbs
may this be a great year for you and Laura.
Dad

Anonymous said...

2.5 lbs. Good Luck, it's amazing how fast it comes off once the holiday feasting stops and meals return to normal!! I am so proud you and Laura! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

loss of 1.4 lbs.

~Teresa