Friday, October 26, 2007

The Wife Weighs In...Week 6

Today's update is going to be a quick one. It's very busy this time of year when you work in Anoka, Minnesota...the Halloween Capitol of the World. (It's also Garrison Keillor's hometown)

This afternoon, all the area schools close down for the "Big Parade of Little People." All the schools kids march down Main Street in their costumes with marching bands and the whole nine yards. In fact, there are three Halloween parades here every year. Busy, busy, busy.

I had a good loss this week. Hurray! I attribute much of this week's success to tracking my points and actually eating them. I had been short-changing myself by not eating my entire daily allotment. It always happens when I'm not tracking. In an effort to "be good," I eat much less than I should. It's amazing how much better everything runs when I'm fueling my machine!

I've been tracking my progress in my own little chart. It's so gratifying to watch those numbers go down.
I guess I've sort of started a streak of my own...six straight weeks of loss!

Exercise, however, continues to be my challenge. We'll see...this just might be my week. Thanks, again, for letting me butt in and thanks for all the kind words of support, everyone!

Have a spooktacular weekend!
Laura

10/19/2007: 197.8 pounds
10/26/2007: 195.4 pounds (a loss of 2.4 pounds)
Total loss: 33 pounds
Next mini-goal: 185 pounds by December 21
8 weeks and 10.4 pounds to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Laura!!!
Keep moving ahead on those goals.
Bob

Em said...

I am going to join you on your quest to get to 185 by Christmas. And I am sure you saw already, but according to Corinne, I was short changing myself a whole lot!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laura!! I'm so proud of you.
Love Sandy