Friday, July 13, 2007

Weigh-In Week 5



258.4! That's what the scale said this morning.

I passed a couple of big milestones with this weigh-in. I am under 260 for the first time in a long time. Multiples of ten always feel more significant than other numbers. I am also 30 lbs. lighter than I was in January. Another milestone and another multiple of ten. I found an old resume from when I was acting. It's from 2004 and has my weight listed as 255. So that is my next milestone, getting back to the 2004 me.

This mornings weigh in makes it 21.6 lbs. lost in the past 5 weeks.

All the hard work is paying off. I especially love being rewarded for sacrifice. Skipping that pie on Wednesday night may not seem like a sacrifice to most of you, but to me it was a huge deal. Whether I was hunger or not, I wanted pie. I'm not saying I am never going to eat pie again, but on Wednesday night I was full and knew that I had already ate a lot of calories for the week and I found the willpower to skip the pie. And for that my scale said "good job little buckaroo."

Our big winner this week is D.C. Viking! Congrats Matt! If you were in town you would have won a free pitcher of Sangria served up cold on the patio. Since you are a long distance guesser, I'll be sending you something....umm fabulous. Let's call it a surprise, at least until I figure out what this weeks prize is. Unless you want to make another trip home this summer ?

Have a great weekend everybody and thank you for all the support. Just knowing people are following the journey makes the uphill climb so much easier!

Tony
7/12: 258.4 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
38.4 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can now subscribe to this blog via e-mail.

3 comments:

DC Viking said...

The Sangria does sound like a good prize, I'm sorry I won't be home any time soon to collect it. I'll have to settle for something fabulous.

Em said...

I was so close!! I did make the Sangria (obviously, my drinking problem is still looming) and it was very very good!

I will guess it one of these days...

ElleTeeJay said...

Don't worry, DC Viking...I'll collect your Sangria for you, thank you very much. Glad to hear it's a tasty recipe, Em.

BTW, Tony is looking fantastic. His hard work is paying off and it's really starting to show.

My update:
Gained last week: 1.4 (Boo...)
Lost this week: 3.6
Total weight loss: 15.4
6.6 pounds left to reach my initial goal by Labor Day