Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Recipe Wenesday

This weekend my lovely wife told me I need to expand the kinds of food I eat. She is right. I am a picky eater. I like meat and potatoes, a few fruits and maybe two vegetables and that is about it. Heck, before I met my lovely wife I didn't eat eggs, lettuce, Chinese food or cream cheese. In the first few years of our relationship she worked these things into my diet and now I enjoy all of them.

I am going to try and make Wednesdays, Recipe Wednesdays from here on out. The goal will be to find a good healthy (at least healthier) recipe each Wednesday to try that night. Then I will report back on Thursday as to the success or failure of said recipe. If we can't get to the recipe on Wednesday night, I will save it for the weekend. I'd love it if you guys sent in some recipes as well. Send me old favorites or stuff you have always wanted to try. Let's start slow. Nothing too adventures and no sea food. I just can't do sea food!

Welcome To The First Recipe Wednesday!


Today's recipe is:
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers and Grilled Yams



Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Sweet and Sour sauce
1 pound Lean Turkey Burger Patties
4 slices pineapple
4 hamburger buns

Directions:
Brush pineapple with sweet and sour sauce. Grill burgers and pineapple. Place burgers on bun and top with sweet and sour sauce and grilled pineapple.


Grilled Yams
Ingredients:
Red Garnet Yams
Olive Oil

Directions:
Clean and boil Yams for 6 - 10 minutes. Slice yams into 3⁄4” thick slices. Toss yam slices with enough olive oil to coat them. Grill until slices are browned on one side. Flip and repeat until done.

Tony
6/27: 269 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
49 lbs. to go

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, I can hardly wait to eat, and fix it with you.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks great, I'd like to try it once I get my new grill. I need to figure out how many WW points for something like that.