Monday, May 4, 2009

Maggie and Ellie's Race Day Wrap Up

Saturday's race was a lot of fun...slow but fun. I came in just under 30 minutes. Way off my normal pace. But I've been running way slow for the last couple of weeks. I blame allergies and my inability to breath, but it's more likely some extra weight and my inability to power through.

I ran with my friend Teressa and we stuck together for the whole race. It was nice and motivating to have someone to chat with. In all honesty I probably would have been even slower if I wasn't trying to be all macho and show-offy for the ladies.

Maggie and Ellie had a blast with their first ever "Big Race". That's what they like to call any race we do.

Ellie was a rocket. She took off like a shot and made a bee line for the finish. Maggie took a slightly more leisurely approach and explored the course as she went. In fact I don't think she crossed the finish line. She was too distracted by the balloons right next to the finish.

This perfectly demonstrates the differences between my two beautiful girls.

In the end both girls declared themselves the winners of The Big Race.

All in all a great day for a run and a fun family outing.