Friday, March 13, 2009

The Weigh-In Week 88

228.8! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A gain of 2 pounds.

Nothing to do but start fresh today and look at the bright side.

What bright side you ask?

Despite the weight gain, I really did have a good week this week. Starting with a great day of skiing with the girls last Sunday. I also got a ton of stuff done around the house this week and made some huge strides in the gym...pun intended.

I feel like my running is finally back to a good place. I did a four mile run yesterday at 38 minutes and then tacked on another .98ths of a mile between a combo of walking and running. That is the most miles I have put up since my 10K last October.

I've also started a new workout routine using a new site called FitClick. It's nothing revolutionary, just a way to change things up on a regular basis instead of doing the same exercises over and over. So far I'm really happy with the way it's going.

So while I am disappointed with the gain, I very happy with my life in general.

And these days that seems like a pretty bright bright side to me.

Have a great weekend everybody. St. Patty's day race results will be up on Tuesday. I'm at an all day thing on Monday and probably won't have access to the blog before then.

Tony

3/13 228.8 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.8 to go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST. that you could see there is a bright side and there really is. life is about a lot more than two pounds/what we weigh.
many people are at goal and NOT happy with their life in general, huh?

MizFit

Tony said...

Thanks MizFit.

I do my best to enjoy the journey.

Ron said...

Glad you had a good week. The scale never tells the whole story!