Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Race Wrap Up...Finally

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been in front of a computer for more than 2 minutes at a time since last Friday.

What a beautiful day for a race! It was sunny and in the mid-40's when we started the St.Patties Irish Scamper 5K last Saturday. The pictures might make it look cold since we were bundled up against a cold wind, but I was roasting by the time I crossed the finish line.

I'm really happy with the race. I didn't beat last years time, but I wasn't expecting too.

Here are the stats:
Time: 27:30
Pace: 8:51
Rank: 100 /159 Men
29/48 Men 30-39




I was 25 seconds slower then last years race and just 1:07 seconds of my fastest ever race.

I was feeling like I could beat last years time, until I hit the final hill on the course. That hill just sapped every last ounce of reserve that I had.

Still it was a fun day. After the race we had lunch in town then hung out for the parade which the girls loved. Then home for a delicious dinner of Irish Potato Cakes and homemade beer. What more could you want?

Tony

P.S. I just realized that second picture makes it look like I am walking. I wasn't! I was still holding an 8:30 pace at that point which was near the half way mark.

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Hehehehe...walking eh! :)

Sounds like you had a good time!