Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jonsing For Tri Season

I have been getting to know a guy in my building who is a hardcore Iron Man triathlete. We seem to be working out in the gym at the same time a lot lately. Today we spent an hour trading training tips.

You may think that I did all the listening but this guy was asking me a bunch of questions about my weight lifting routine. I felt a little like a ten year old kid trying to explain to a big league all star how to hit a t-ball. None the less it had me feeling really good about the changes I have made in my life.

The fact that I can have a conversation about working out with a guy like that and not have him laugh in my face in the first 15 seconds says a lot abut how far my commitment to training has come.

Our conversation also got me jonesing for triathlon season...and it got me thinking about starting to do more cross training in the gym over the winter to be better prepared for my triathlons next summer.

I singed up for my Thanksgiving 5K this morning. I doubt I'll set a new PR during this race, but I am starting to fell like it could be a good race. I'm excited to have some goals again...even if just for a brief time.

Tony
11/18 222 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
Lots to go

1 comment:

Jamie Price said...

Wow, that's great Tony! You are an inspiration to the rest of us who want to talk the talk with the experts at the gym! If only there were other people at my gym over lunch hour... small towns are strange.