Friday, November 14, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 71

The punishment is over!!!!

Turns out the worst part about the punishment is the embarrassment of posting these pictures. I was very close to not posting them. There is something weird about voluntarily posting pictures of your bare belly. Believe me I get no exhibitionist thrill out of this.

222! Thats what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 2 pounds.


Not quite the 4 I had hopped to lose...then again after gaining 2 pounds over the weekend, I did technically lose 4 pounds since Monday. Turns out spending the weekend raking leaves may be good exercise for the muscles but it doesn't burn as many calories as one might think.


Just have to make it through this week to avoid more consequences, and I am determined to make sure that happens!

Looking at these two pictures side by side does go along way towards making me feel better about posting bare belly pics. It's amazing what losing 40 pounds and hitting the gym for a year does for a guy. Just imagine what the picture on the left would have looked like when I was at my heaviest of 288. On second thought, don't imagine that...dear good please don't imagine that!

Even better. Here is a picture of 222 me superimposed over 262 me. Check out how much less space I take up now!


Looks like my sweet, wonderful, lovely wife and I are going to do some kind of run on Thanksgiving morning, so I've got something new to train for. Which is exactly the motivation I need right now.

Up until Wed. I was having a seriously hard time getting back into the swing of running. Things finally feel like the are starting to click though.

This week big winner would have been my dad. He nailed it right on the head with a guess of 2lbs.

Next week I am determined to be back under 220...and stay there for the rest of the year...or forever... which ever comes first.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Tony
11/14 222 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
Lots to go

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss. I love the pictures over one another. Does this mean that you have lowered your fat footprint?
-Sister Sarah

Anonymous said...

Tony -

Impressive shape shifting! I do have one question though - did you shave your chest hair into the Victory "V" or is that a natural manifestation?

:) Kara