Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Checking In

It was kind of a miserable weekend around here. It rained for pretty much 48 hours straight starting Saturday morning and going right through Sunday night.

Despite the crummy weather I managed to accomplish some stuff.

We didn't quite get the house painting done, but we are getting darn close. If the weather cooperates, I think we can get everything finished up this weekend.

Dad and I had a great run on Sunday morning. By some miracle the hour we were out running was the only nice weather we had all weekend. We did a nearly 7.5 mile loop around Medicine Lake. 7.43 miles to be exact. In 1 hour, 16 minutes.

This week is a rest week for me, just 3 short 4 mile runs, starting today.

Wow I just realized what I typed. I just called a 4 mile run a short run! My whole outlook on running is changing with these new long runs.

Got some good news / bad news from my doctor this morning regarding my back.

The good news is I seemed to be healed up pretty well. The pain in my back has turned into a stiffness that tends to go away a few hours after I get out of bed and the pain in my leg is pretty much gone. So for now no further treatment is needed.

The bad news is I most likely have a bulging disc that when it gets aggravated causes my back problems. Hopefully it well never become a worse problem.

The doc gave me some back exercises to start doing to strengthen the muscles around my lower back. Hopefully that will help.

I am off to hit the trail.

Tony
09/16 217.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.4 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

:) It's amazing how quickly you can make progress with running.

I'm having an easy week this week so I only plan on doing 10 miles on Sunday.

10 miles was unthinkable not so long ago.