Friday, September 12, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 64



217.4! That's what it said on the scale this morning! A loss of 2.6 pounds!!!

Once again I was wrong in my guess. Yesterday I said today's loss would be much less than I was hoping for. Turns out it was much more than I was hoping for. I expected a loss of 1 pound or less. I was hoping for a loss of 2 pounds. Losing nearly 3 pounds did not seem in the cards for this week. So to say I am happy would be a dramatic understatement.

Those long runs really do help. Between the calories and the sweat I probably left more than a pound on the treadmill yesterday.

I made 6 miles in 65 minutes yesterday. My training had me doing 6 miles in 60 minutes. I ended up having to walk more than I wanted and was pretty disappointed...but then I remembered it was only like a month and a half ago that I was barely making 4 miles in an outing. So making six any way I can is still a darn good accomplishment, especially after a week and a half off from running and a bum leg.


Our big winner this week is the always optimistic Andrew. Andrew if you didn't live in New Zealand I'd send you an eggplant as a prize, but it would probably rot by the time it got to you. And there's that whole "it's illegal to send produce to a foreign country thing".

We are hoping to finishing painting the house this weekend and I have a seven mile run scheduled with my Dad for Sunday morning. A busy weekend to say the least. Let's just hope the weather cooperates.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
09/12 217.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.4 lbs. to go


P.S. I just looked at the t-shirt pics. Looks like I need to get a new marker. If you look real close you can tell the shirt really does say 217.4.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!
Love Mom

Andrew is getting fit said...

Well done! And I'm so grateful I live in NZ. I hate eggplant!