Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Big Decision...

Holy buckets! Did my day get away from me or what?

While I am delightfully fond of a number of your suggestions for possible weight-loss incentives for my darling husband (and he is darling, by the way) I have made the decision to be a little selfish.

Taking a cue from Nana Heather, if Tony does not lose weight this week, he must plan, shop for, and either prep or prepare five healthy dinners for his family next week. He will also need to report his meal plan on this blog by Monday.

I will be willing to help with the shopping over the weekend. And, if everything is ready for me to just throw in a slow cooker or in the oven, I will also be willing to help in the execution of the dinner. Even at that, it will be a huge load off my overscheduled shoulders.

I know this is not as fun as some of your suggestions (I'm talking to you, Kara and Andrew), but I think it will help get Tony's eating back on track (mine, too) and get us back into the habit of planning our meals and eating in a more healthful manner.

That's it, peeps! My weigh-ins resume tomorrow!
Elle Tee Jay

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I think that is a brilliant suggestion. I think I'll do something similar for my wife this next week.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to hearing from you again Laura.
Love Sandy