Monday, July 14, 2008

7 Days and Counting

Just 7 more days until race day!!!!

I have set my goal. I want to finish in under 1 hour and 20 minutes. It is a totally doable goal...assuming I can figure out the transitions and the wind isn't too bad.

My secret goal is to finish in under 1 hour 10 minutes. That would be really pushing it based on my training times so far.

I had a great training weekend. My day and I did a 16 mile bike on Saturday. Dad managed to pick a course that was almost completly up hill. Tough on the legs but good for the training.

Then, on Sunday I did another brick. 10 miles on the bike and a 2.8 mile run. And I felt the best I have felt so far. I am gaining more and more confidence.

On Sunday's bike ride I ran into my Tri Training partners Teresa and Judy completly by coincidence. That was a fun surprise. We are going to try and schedule one last group run on Thursday night as a final motivational kick in the shorts.

Today is a rest day.
Tomorrow I am in the gym.
Wedensady I will do my last brick.(Probaly a short one so I don't wear out)
Thursday I will try a low intensity run with Teresa nad Judy.
Friday and Saturday are rest days.

The wind was a killer on both Saturday and Sunday. It made me realize the wind will be a huge factor in the time I put up on Sunday.

On my Sunday bike ride it took me 24 minutes to go 4.6 miles against the wind. The same distance heading home took me only 13 minutes.


Tony
07/11 218.2 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
10.2 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

The secret goal will be tough but may be doable. One thing I have found is that the adrenalin boost of race day really gives you a kick so good luck!