Friday, July 18, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 57



3 days and counting.

216.4!!! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 1.8 pounds.

Let me tell you about the power of sweating it out.

I made some good food decisions yesterday. It helped that the food at my all day "lock in" was pretty bad. We also went to an impromptu 2nd 90th birthday for my Grandma last night and grabbed McDonald's on the way. This may have been the biggest miracle of all. I ordered a 5 piece chicken select and no French fries. I don't think I have ever in my life gone to McDonald's and not ordered French fries.

Despite these good decisions I still ate more than I normally would on a Thursday and I figured I was headed for a tiny loss or a gain...and then I went for my late night 3.5 mile run with Teresa and Judy.

We hit the road about 9pm thinking the heat and humidity would be less after the sun went down. We were wrong. The run was great, but by the time we got done I think I sweated out 4 pounds of water.

And that is the power of sweating it out.

Regardless of how I got here it was really nice two see a good size loss on the scale this morning after two weeks of gains.

It's just one more reason to feel confident going into the race this weekend.

And I am feeling confident. Still a little nervous, but mostly confident.

Expect a full race report first thing Monday morning.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tony
07/18 216.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.4 lbs. to go

No comments: