Friday, May 30, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 30

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

So, things are looking a little sunnier this week. Both literally and figuratively. I've been working from home like a busy little bee, trying to get ahead of my at-work to-do list. I've gotten some big projects checked off, which has made me feel a little less overwhelmed, which has helped me to keep a better eye on what I'm eating.

I've also been less likely to "stress-eat." If you aren't familiar with "stress-eating," it's when you are so overwhelmed by what you need to accomplish, and how little time have, that you drive to Chipotle for a delicious burrito...because you've got so much on your plate that you don't even know where to start, because it will help you delay getting started, and because its general yumminess will just make you happy (and not completely stressed out) for a short period of time before you go back into full anxiety attack mode. More or less.

Anyway...I feel like my eating is more balanced this week...a lot more cooking at home, a lot less eating out and eating on the run. Tony has even packed lunches for me this week.

I had a couple nice, long walks over the weekend, but I've had trouble getting to the gym this week. I've been working late at the computer, I've been up late reading scripts, and (to top it off) I've got a cold (and both of the girls, too).

Strangely enough, all these things came together to get me to the gym for the first time in weeks. I had been up late writing our season brochure and reading scripts, and went to bed about 12:30 am. One of the girls woke up at 3:15, coughing and hacking. Tony got up to get her a glass of water (bless his soul), but she was still coughing. Because I couldn't fall back to sleep, I went see if I could help. Tony and I eventually got her settled in and got back to bed about 3:30, and that was the end of my night's sleep.

I laid in bed, tossing and turning, with work issues and to-do lists keeping me awake. So, I got up at 4:00, made some lists, and wrote down some ideas that were floating through my head. At 4:30, I realized that I wasn't actually going to get any more sleep, so I put my clothes on and went to the gym. I got there at 4:55, 5 minutes before the gym opened.

"So, this is what its like to be one of those people," I thought.

I had a great session on the treadmill yesterday morning. 4.25 miles in an hour, varying between walking at 3.8 mph and running at 4.8 mph, at an elevation of no less than 2%, sometimes as much as 7%. I felt great all day! But, boy am I paying for the lack of sleep today!

I know I say this every week, but I hope to get my workouts back on schedule next week. Once that happens, I am going to be unstoppable!

'Til next Friday! Have a good weekend!





My update:
5/23/08: 186.8
5/30/08: 185.0 (a loss of 1.8 pounds this week)
Total loss of 43.4 pounds, 1.8 pounds over low of 183.2, 3 pounds from next mini-goal of 182.0

P.S. Thanks to Nato for the props and Laura N for her never-ending words of encouragement!

No comments: