Monday, June 2, 2008

What Did You Do This Weekend?

I survived this:


And built this:


With a lot of help from my father-in-law and my parents.


Late Saturday afternoon, we were hit with a major hail storm. It was like a torrential down pour with no rain, just hail. It was insane. Two weeks in a row I have lived through two of the wildest hail events I have ever seen

The storm destroyed all of your garden areas, but didn't really do any other damage. Which is very lucky. It sounds like a lot of people in the area are going to need some serious repair work... and the hail caused a ton of car accidents.

The rest of the weekend was spent building a place for the girls play set. In other words it was spent digging and hauling and hammering and then digging and hauling some more. I am exhausted today. .. and I can barely lift my arms. Good exercise, right?

Despite all the hard work, it was a fun project and I think it turned out great. And we had our first gorgeous summer weekend so I didn't mind spending it outside working. Just a few more truck loads of rock and mulch and the area will be done.

Here's a few more storm pics.



Tony
05/30: 215 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
7 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Wow, that's quite impressive! Both the hail and the kid's play area!