Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

A busy, busy weekend!

My second 5k on Saturday went better than I had expected but not as good as I had hoped.

I finished the race in 27:40 along with my friend Teressa who kept me company the whole way. My dad ran with us most of the way, but then I think he got bored with us slow pokes so he took off and left us in the dust for the last half mile.

27:40 is 45 seconds slower than my first 5K. I know I was supposed to be getting faster. I blame 40 degree temperatures on May 3, a bitter cold 20 mile an hour head wind and the fact that I biked 15 miles, swam a mile and started a new weight training routine the week before the race.

Really no need for excuses though. The first race I was running on pure emotion and adrenaline. This race had less of that "big accomplishment" excitement. It was still fun though.

We are doing another "informal" race in two weeks. Hopefully it will be warmer.

I also bowled this weekend, did yard work and had softball practice. All and all a good active weekend. Hopefully the start of many more active weekends as summer finally seems ready to show it's shy face around here.

Tony
05/05: 215.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
7.4 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

That's still a good time. You're faster than me!