Friday, April 18, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 24

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

My stand-off was not successful this week. The eating was okay, but I only got to the gym twice.

Between an evening board meeting, waking up in the middle of the night with a coughing toddler, and an early morning wake-up call from a very cute two-year-old who thinks it's a great idea to take her diaper off in the middle of the night but is not pleased when she wets her bed at 5:00 in the morning, I've been exhausted this week. Just like last week, life got in the way.

Now, that's all well and good, and perfectly understandable. Everybody has those weeks, right? It is very easy for me to justify not following my plan because life has been busy. Therein lies the danger. This is my relapse pattern.

Things were going very well before we went on vacation. Healthy living went out the door while we were gone, but that's what you are supposed to do while you are on vacation, right? Since then, I've had a horrible time getting back to routine. And, I have a million perfectly justifiable reasons why:

  • Work is extra busy right now
  • I'm really stressed out
  • The girls haven't been feeling well
  • I've just been so tired
  • Sometimes life gets in the way
But, really...they are all just excuses.

My relapse pattern goes a little something like this...something perfectly justifiable sets me off course (like a vacation), then I excuse and procrastinate my way back into weight gain.

Isn't just recognizing the problem always the first step?

Until next week,

(a.k.a., ElleTeeJay)


My update:
4/11/08: 184.0 pounds
4/18/08: 184.8 pounds (a gain of 0.8 pounds)
Total loss: 42.6 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement last week...they were greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Laura N said...

Recognizing the problem is a BIG step. Just because you've had 2 bad weeks doesn't mean you're officially relapsing. You know what's going on and you are claiming it, and that is a big deal. Plus, um, food was okay?! That's a HUGE deal. With all you've got going on that's a major victory. And, um, 2 days in the gym is not nuthin. So give yourself a break, chica. .8 pounds up is as good as a maintain. I'd say that's a victory with the weeks you've had.

Hope next one's better for you!

And for Tony too. That tri training is sure to jump start your loss again.

Tony said...

You can look forward to me kicking you out of bed every morning this week so you can get to the gym...even if it means I have to set my own alarm!