Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not Fat Enough For Science

On the way home yesterday I heard a commercial for scientific study that was looking for participants. Something about helping people with weight problems by changing the neurons in their brain instead of gastric surgery. Out of old habits I got interested. "There's an easy and painless weigh to lose weight and get in shape! I must learn more."

At the end of the commercial they listed the qualifications for participants,. Ideally candidates should have a BMI between 35 and 45. I took me a minute to realize, these kind of things are no longer aimed at me. It was a good feeling.

Despite my best efforts I had to skip my workout yesterday. Not a good way to start the week. To make up for it I plan to get in two workouts today. Strength training over lunch, and a run tonight after the girls go to bed.

Here's the good news. I am finally a bike owner again! Woo-Hoo. I can not wait to get my first real ride in on Wed.



Here is what my Tri training schedule is going to look like...hopefully. I know it will change as I fine tune things and learn what works and what doesn't.

Mon: Lunch-Run, Night- Softball
Tues: Lunch - Strength Training
Wed: Lunch- Bike, Night- Swim
Thurs: Lunch - Strength
Fri: Lunch - Run
Sat: Morning - Bike / Run

I am hopping to squeeze in an extra run or bike during the week with Laura and the girls and an extra swim with my brother in law.

Man, when I type it out it looks pretty daunting.

Tony
04/22: 220.2 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
12.2 lbs. to go

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Yeah...that's something I was wondering, how long does it take before you don't think fat? I suspect I'll think fat for a long time. ;)

Nice wheels.

Nato said...

OOooohh pretty bike!

We got our new ones out for a spin last night. I think other than some cold hands, Caitlin loved it! She pitched a fit when we went to take her out of the seat. (I'll take that as a vote of approval.) Sarah thought it was a work out though, so I will have to try it and see what a 25 toddler does to the handling.

~Nato