Friday, April 11, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 23

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

My experience this week has been much like my darling husband's (read below). This week was supposed to be a stand-off week, but it was not a true stand-off. I didn't log my eating and I only got to the gym once this week...for yoga on Monday night. Life just got in the way this week.

Unlike my darling husband, even though I had a good loss this week, I don't feel like celebrating. My goal in this stand-off week was not just weight loss. My real goal was regaining the feeling that I was back to my routine...that feeling of being completely in control. My deep-seeded fear is that if I do not get back to routine (fast!) I will begin to backslide, just like I have a million times before. I refuse to let that happen again.

So, the hope is that next week will be true stand-off. Meal planning, food and activity logging, and at least 4 visits to the gym. Wish me luck!

Until next week,

(a.k.a., Elle Tee Jay)


My update:
4/04/08: 186.2 pounds
4/11/08: 184.0 pounds (a loss of 2.2 pounds)

Total loss: 43.4 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds
P.S. Is anyone else completely psyched for the finale of "The Biggest Loser" on Tuesday night? Ali is my new idol...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Doh, I guessed the weight-loss for the wrong person... silly me. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Good job Laura! It was a hard week and you should be proud of yourself.
Love Sandy

Anonymous said...

I am psyched about the biggest loser finale. Girl Power is all I can say. Good Job Laura! Keep it up.
Sarah O.

Anonymous said...

You are a rockstar - just like Ali on Biggest Loser. Both of you show that hard work pays off.
- Nana Heather

Andrew is getting fit said...

I find it normally takes me just over a week to get fully back on plan after a break of any sort. Just stick to it!