Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Getting Back Into The Swing Of Things

I have discovered the best reason to not take a break from your regular workout routine, it really hurts once you start up again.

Getting back into the swing of things is going to take a little time and a little pain. Even though I had a few runs on vacation, getting back on the treadmill really hurt yesterday. I was going to try for a 4 mile run, but I was lucky to make 3.3 miles. I know it will get a little easier with every run from here on out, but that first time back takes a lot of will power.

Today will be my first strength training day in two weeks. As you can imagine I am not looking forward to it....the word dread comes to mind.

But it's stand off week and skipping a work out is not an option!



I am still agonizing over my bike decision. This is what I do. I obsesses and obsess over purchase decisions and then always seem to end up with the wrong thing. I am trying to find a nice used fitness / hybrid bike that will work for both the triathlon and riding around with the kids. Sadly there are not a lot of them out there.

According to the bike store guy, I should be buying two bikes. One for racing and one for recreating.


I wish I could afford to do that...and had room in my garage. The plan is to make a decision by this weekend. I have a bid on a bike on E-Bay right now, if it holds, problem solved. If it doesn't hold I'll probably be heading to the bike store on Saturday.

Tony
04/07: 222 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
14 lbs. to go

2 comments:

Nato said...

I know the feeling Tony.

I likewise have been shopping a little for bikes. Not so easy to pick anymore now that the money isn't only coming out of your pocket..

But thought I would give you my 2 cents.. you may do additional triatholons (sp?) but you know you want to be doing bike rides with the girls for years right? I think that should simplify the choice. If you end up loving doing triaths, and the 'speed' becomes an issue you could always shop for a race bike later. I say proudly bring a non-race bike. No need to pretend to be race vetern. You might even get more help from folks on the course..

Good luck with your shopping..

(Ebay? What would shipping cost for a bike?)

~Nato

Tony said...

Amazingly the shipping is only $75 bucks. Even with the shipping I would get a 1 year old bike for $200 less than what the brand new one would cost me in the store.