Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Hope (Updated)

So last week I made a conscious decision to bring some more hope into my life. I've been a little frustrated and down in the dumps these last few weeks... and it has directly effected my healthy lifestyle journey.

So I said enough is enough and am working very hard to get back to my usual sunny outlook on life.

Life unfortunately has other plans. It is working very hard to keep me frustrated. Mostly by doing its best to keep me out of the gym! LIFFFFFFFE!!!! (In My best William Shatner "Khannnnn!" Voice)

I keep getting scheduled into lunch meetings this week, which is making it really tough for me to get in the training I need. Especially the week before a race. For those who have not been paying attention, Dad and I are doing another 5K together this Saturday. I am worried that my time is going to be miserably slow compared to the St. Patty's Day Race.

But I digress. So life and I are at odds right know. But I am holding my own. I found a way to hit the gym yesterday. I will find a way to get to the gym today. Tomorrow looks good for a bike and a swim. Despite the constant chaos I am holding my own...and not doing so bad with the positive outlook.

Take that life.

The one thing I have to keep reminding myself is this: My life my be a little chaotic right now, but compared to a whole heck of a lot of other people I have a near perfect life, and for that I am supremely grateful.

Tony
04/29: 216.2 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.2 lbs. to go

P.S. (Updated at 9:45)
So life is feeling my overwhelming positivity! Today's lunch meeting was canceled about a half hour after I posted this entry. Ha-ha. Which means I can spend quality time in the gym today instead of rushing through a shortened workout.