Monday, November 19, 2007

New Suit. New Haircut. New Man!

Thanks to some quality veg time this weekend I am feeling like my old relaxed, mellow, Spicoli like self.

I spent a good portion of the weekend looking at myself in the mirror. We established long ago that I am an extremely vain person, so I apologize for nothing.

My lovely wife and I attended the wedding of a good friend on Saturday. Due to my crazy schedule last week I had to leave all of my prep work to the last minute. Which meant I had to pay an outrageous sum to get my haircut at a fancy salon. I felt crazy guilty about it until I got home and looked in the mirror. I have not had a new hair style in about 7 years, and that's only because my lovely wife finally convinced me to start putting "product in my hair". So I am sporting a new 'do I and I love it!

I am also sporting a new suit. I found this awesome suit that is just a smidgen to big for me on the clearance rack on Saturday afternoon. It was nothing short of a Thanksgiving miracle. This is one of my favorite things about weight loss, being able to shop anywhere, anytime and expect to find clothes that fit!

I have been reluctant to buy a new suit until I am done shrinking. I have never been much of a suit guy, but I finally broke down and bought the first suit I have owned since I was 11 last February. I wore the suit 4 times, then lost 60 pounds. When I went in a few weeks ago to see if the suit could be tailored, the salesman laughed so hard he was crying.

Thus my reluctance to buy a new suit until I know I will be able to wear it for awhile. But I couldn't pass this one up. In fact I am wearing the suit coat today...and I wore it yesterday... and Saturday. That is how much I love my new suit.

So I was felling pretty h-a-u-t-e, HOT!

See for yourself.



Losing weight has giving me the confidence to be more daring in what I wear! That could ultimately become a dangerous thing.

The only thing hotter than me at the wedding was my lovely wife who was "turning heads and breaking hearts by the dozens" hot. She was finally getting her well deserved accolades for all the hard work she has put into her own healthy lifestyle. I couldn't have been prouder to have her on my arm while people gushed over how good she looked.


My old suit will be going up for sale on E-Bay after Thanksgiving. I think it is a size 52 R. If anyone is interested drop me a line.

Tony
11/19: 220.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
.8 lbs. to go

5 comments:

Nato said...

Morning Tone~

Forgive me for being a little frazzled Sat, but I did want to mentioned that night that you and Laura both looked fantastic. And I had thought you looked crazy dapper in your new suit. It's fun now to hear of the adventure of buying it.. and here I'd assumed you'd had it for awhile! I'm not too used to being so overdressed by someone (I must have a hangup about that.. ;-)

Anyway, had a great time with you Sat, sorry I tried to get you to stick around for 5 more mins for no real reason. Glad you chose to not wait on us. But thanks again for waiting for me at home.

And here I thought you didn't like that picture when Laura took it..

~N

ElleTeeJay said...

Thanks for the compliment, Nato!

It was great to have some time to spend with you and the lovely SO'Co. It's been *way* too long. I only wish we'd all had more time to chat.

I have to admit, there was a brief moment where it all felt like old times. I actually got a little nostalgic. I'm really looking forward to having some time to hang out over the hoidays.

Peace out,
LTJ

P.S. By the way, Tony...you really did look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

If you are going to for a new look. Shave and leave the mustache. I think that would look HOT!

Evan

Anonymous said...

You look MARVELOUS! You should be ever so proud! Would love to see a snap of Laura at the same event!

Anonymous said...

As they say here in the Pacific Northwest...dude, you clean up pretty nice.