Friday, August 31, 2007

The Weigh-In Week 12



239 that's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of .8 lbs.

I don't get this weight loss thing at all. This was the loss I was supposed to have last week after piging out all weekend. Not the loss I was supposed to have this week after logging nearly 20 miles. Strange!

I am way beyond complaining about small losses though. At this point any loss is a good thing! And if I did feel the slightest bit of disappointment all I'd have to do is look at the picture to know that I am doing just fine. Really I have been over due for a slow down for a few weeks now. Not that I will take it easy. This little loss fires me up to try for a bigger one next week.

I do have two regrets at a smaller loss this week.

1. I wanted to show off for all the new friends that have started reading this week. I've discovered some amazing new people this week doing amazingly well on their own healthy living journeys. Thank you all for sharing your stories. Come back next week new readers and I'll really show you something.

2. I was really looking forward to being able to stop saying "I have lost nearly 50 lbs." and start saying "I have lost more than 50 lbs." Hopefully next week.

I do have one bit of showing off. This week's loss makes 12 straight weeks of loss with an average weekly loss of 2.8 lbs. We have made the 3 month hurdle! Whoppie!!!

The glory this week belongs to my lovely wife . She blew passed her 10% goal this week with a huge 3 lb loss. That puts her over by 1.8 lbs. Way to go sweetheart. I am very proud of you!

Here is how determined my lovely wife was to make it this week. Last night after the girls went to bed she headed out for a two mile walk in the pitch black of night. My little trooper!


Congrats also to fellow Fatblogger John for making his initial goal of losing 25 lbs. Way to go John!


We had a record number of votes this week but no but no winner. Fat Bloke Thin was closest with a guess of 1.3, but as I have said before we play by the Price Is Right rules. The winner is the person who is closest without going over. I will be adding that rule to the contest instructions next week and from here on out. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Have a great holiday weekend everybody. I'll be back on Tuesday.


Tony
8/31: 239 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
19 lbs. to go

5 comments:

Em said...

Any loss is a good loss. Way to go, Tony. Thanks for the Cooking Light magazine!! I am now a regular subscriber thanks to you.

And Laura...I am almost there, girl. 6.5 lbs to go. I can do this!!

Laura N said...

Yep, any loss is a good one. But it SUCKS to slow down! I am with you on that one. I'm supposed to be only 3 weeks from goal, but my body doesn't know that. I think these last 15 pounds are going to take as long as the first 47. Have a super weekend!

ElleTeeJay said...

Thanks for the props, sweetie. I have to admit, it feels kind of good to lose more than you did this week...for the very first time. Does that make me a bad person?

I thought I was going to slack off a little next week, but I am too close to losing 25 pounds...those little weight watchers stars mean a lot, you know.

Rock on, Em! 6.5 to go? That's nothing...just wait until your new work out takes off.

So, here's my update:
Lost this week: 3
Total weight loss: 23.8
Labor Day goal...ACHIEVED!
1.2 pounds to reach my next mini-goal...can I do it this week?
4.7 pounds to reach my next goal by the end of September.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you and your wife and working out together! My husband and I went for a 2 hour bikeride this evening and it really means the world to have the support of your partner doesn't it?

Maybe it says it somewhere on your blog but can I ask how tall you are? I only ask because I weight slightly less than you but you look WAY better than I do (I am also a woman so that makes a difference I guess). Men always seem to be able to carry weight nicer than women, lucky devils.

Congrats on your loss!

Tony said...

Sarah,

I am 5'11".