Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Purge - Part 2: Even Purgier

As promised, here is the triumphant shirt. The first is from December 23, 2006. The second is from last night. I'm a little speechless to tell you the truth.


The great 07 purge is complete. I am left with :
4 pair of pants,
1 pair of jeans,
3 pair of dress shorts,
and enough sweaters to last until hell freezes over, which works out nice since I'll have plenty of sweaters to wear.

I have plenty of shirts left, but I might need to get a pair of transitional jeans and maybe a pair of casual shorts to get me through September. I have a few loads of laundry to do so maybe there is something hiding in there that I forgot about.


My lovely wife has pointed out another upside to revamping my wardrobe as a skinner person. It will be a lot easier to shop the Target clearance rack now!

As you know the Target clearance rack is my favorite place to shop in the whole wide world. I am also looking forward to fitting in to some cooler clothes from some of the skate / surf inspired shops. Clothes that I know I am top old to wear, but I am going to wear anyway!


Here's a shot of the "too big to wear" pile. Also know as the Mama Cass Mumu Mountain. Sorry, I like alliteration a lot. The photo doesn't do it justice. That pile is huge. Over half of my clothes are in there!


Tony
8/29: 239.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
19.8 lbs. to go

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally amazing. That side by side photo really shows off all your work. I'm so impressed. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great picture. I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work, and workout.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Who is that person on the left holding Maggie? We do not want to see him again. You are doing great!!!!!!
I also want to know what is on top of the pile on the left of the bottom picture.
I bought a shirt and pair of dress shorts off the Macy's clearance rack last night. They were a good deal.
Keep up the good work.
Dad

Em said...

Tony, wow. That is the only word to describe that picture. You keep it up, now.

Oh and I will have an update on my workouts after the holiday...I am sticking to my regular routine until the week of Sept 10. No excuses, just to much vacation and not enough "at home" time to really dedicate to them.

DC Viking said...

Lookin' good Homestar, looking good. Keep it up.

Kiran said...

Tony, I just found your blog via FatBlokeThin. What a great story. Quite an inspiration. I just started on a similar odyssey myself and for similar reasons. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Tony, I'm so impressed with you! You look so handsome too! Ali

Anonymous said...

I got to see the pile of too big clothes in person, and it is huge! Way to go, Tony! As a side note to my win last week, the banana muffins were a huge hit at my house. My husband who wrinkled his nose when I said "low cal, low fat" said they were delicious and that we needed the recipe! Everyone should give them a try. Heather

Tony said...

Dad,

Those are some ties I am getting rid of. Are any of them yours?

ElleTeeJay said...

Again, I am so proud of you! You really are one good-looking man, sweetheart. (BIG KISS!)

Anonymous said...

Found you through Fat Bloke Thin and I just had to say you look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go! You're daughters are going to be so proud of you when they're old enough to realize what you've done to your health for them. What a great dad!

Anonymous said...

I found you through Fat Bloke Thin as well, and I just caught up with all of your archived posts. What an inspiring read you are. And you look fabulous. I was going to skip my workout tonight, but you've made me feel excited about doing it. So, thanks!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Tony!

Mike & Ali