Thursday, August 30, 2007

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 12

Wow! We have made it to the magical 3 month mark. Or we will have tomorrow morning and I don' anticipate going on a crazy buffet binge tonight, so the odds are good we'll make it.

I have said from the beginning, if I can make three months and still be going strong this new lifestyle has a good chance of succeeding. I know 3 months does not a lifetime make, but I've never made it this far before so it's a big step in the right direction.

Before we get to the contest a little update.

I got my old cholesterol results last night. They were not what I expected. The last time I had my cholesterol checked was 2003 and my results were slightly better then, than they were this time.

2003:
Total: 177
HDL: 30
LDL: 82
Triglycerides: 325

2006:
Total: 176
HDL: 27
LDL: 118
Triglycerides: 154

The more I think about it, it makes sense that my 2006 results are similar to my 2003 results. In 2003, I probably weighed around 260 so I wasn't yet at my heaviest. Even though I have been working out and losing weight, I am sure you don't just fix your cholesterol overnight. It has me wondering what my cholesterol was when I was at 280. Scary!

Here's the other fun thing. I broke 3 miles on my walk/run yesterday for the first time. 3.1 miles in 35 Minuets!!! 10 of it was running.

I ran the first 4-1/2
Walked 2
Ran 2
Walked 2
Ran 1-1/2
Then walked for awhile and added two more 1 minute runs towards the end.

I've been thinking a lot about my running, but I'll get into that next week.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Stats for the week of August 27th.

Walked / Ran: 17.9 miles

Calories Consumed: From Thursday morning through Wed. night I have consumed aprox. 14035 calories.

Calories Burned: From Thursday morning through Wed. night I have burned aprox. 28210 calories.

33% of my calories have come from fat.
11% of those calories came from Saturated Fats.

42% of my calories came from carbs.

23% of my calories came from protein.


Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
8/30: 239.8 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
19.8 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I really can not believe the difference in the triumphant shirt pictures. That is totally amazing!

I will guess another 2.5 lbs this week!
~Teresa

FatBlokeThin said...

I guess 238.5. Bets of luck. You'ver fired me up again to get the job done - thanks for that.

Anonymous said...

I am going with 3.0 this week. You had lots of extra miles of run/walking. Good work.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Good luck Laura and Sarah.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Good count on your walking/running. Your before and after picture with the striped shirt is fantastic - face and body looking much slimmer. I think you are going to lose 3.9 lbs. this week.
Love, Sue

Sir Fluffy said...

I'm going to guess 3.2 lbs this week. (BTW, I'm a new reader.)

Anonymous said...

I say 2.8 Lbs
Dad

Anonymous said...

I am going with 4.5lbs this week, I think you have done fantastic!! Have I mentioned lately how fabulous you look??? I am so proud of you. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

2.0. I want to clue in a few readers of something that I learned last week. Tony's scale only reads by .2 lbs so if you guessed .1, .3, .5, .7, or .9 at the end of your guess you will never be right. It was a hard leason for me and probably why I have never won the weekly contest :)

Anonymous said...

I am going with 4 lbs. Good Luck!
Heather

Laura N said...

Fun blog. You look great! Super job on the running. That's an admirable pace for a 5K for as much walking as you are doing.

Em said...

Thank you sister Sarah for the tip!! Did you catch that readers?

I am going to say 4.4 lbs.

Good luck Tony!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say 1.4lbs

Evan

ElleTeeJay said...

I am going to guess 4.2 pounds. Although, the way this streak is going, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more. Looking forward to tomorrow's results, sweetheart!