Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What Happened to All My Clothes?

At the moment, the worst part of this weight gain has been my reduced wardrobe. Last summer I bought all new clothes when I was 20 pounds lighter than I am now. As you can imagine none of those clothes fit very well right now. A few weeks ago I actually took all the too tight clothes and set them aside.

What's left is a sorry sight. I have a few new shirts that I bought in the past month, mostly baggy golf shirts, and a few pieces of 3 to 4 year old clothes that are pretty ratty but still fit.

As for pants I have 2 pair of shorts and 2 pair of dress pants, that's it. If I can't lose 10 pounds before fall, I am in trouble.

What really sucks is I am going to end up skipping an entire summer with all the clothes I bought last year, because by the time I can get back into them, it will be too cold to wear them.

Don't be surprised if you see my wandering around in a tank top this winter, just so I can feel like I've got some use out of them.

Yesterday was a good day. I went for a nice slow two mile run (22 minutes) and then spent 25 minutes on the exercise bike. My legs are a little sore but not bad enough to keep my from a longer tempo run tomorrow.

Tony

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad to see you back. I don't know if you want us to get on you or not for slipping backwards, but in the beginning you asked us to make you accountable. So, now I am making you accountable. I don't want to see you have weight related issues, like diabetes or heart disease (it runs in both sides of your families). If you don't do it yourself, you may find that you will be forced to watch what you eat. I love you. Mom

Andrew is getting fit said...

It happens to us all. Just get back on the wagon now. No excuses.

Easy for me to talk though!