Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Suspense...Oh The Suspense

So Laura has yet to decide what my "punishment" food will be this week. I'm feeling a little bad that she's stressing a little about the whole thing. Sweet, lovable wife that she is, she's trying to come up with something that will be a positive experience for me, instead of trying to gross me out. Busy, overworked mother that she is, she doesn't have a lot of time to think about it. I'll let you know what she comes up with.

I'm having some deja vu this week and it worries me a little. This week is starting to look all most identical to last week. The names and locations may have changed but everything else feels the same.

Like last week I am starting out in a really good spot. I'm already down from last Friday's weigh-in. But the week is starting to book up and I'm a little worried about my ability to commit the week.

(time passes)

I'm a little less worried now. I just realized that all of last weeks distractions were unexpected, last minute things (being sick, a last minute all day meeting). Because I started the week so well and wasn't expecting these distractions, I was kind of lax at the beginning of the week.

This week I know what to expect and I am being super vigilant on the front end, to make up for the things I have coming up toward the end of the week.

Does any of that make any sense?

Whether it does or not, I'm feeling better about the week, so thanks for talking me through it.

You know, you make a mighty good therapist.

Tony
2/17 227.6 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
Lots to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't focus on doing good all week, just follow your plan for today. In fact, even break it down further and just follow your plan until the end of your next meal.

There is no doubt, I am preaching to myself here too because I find it so easy to worry about the week, but all we can really do anything about is what we are doing right now.