Thursday, February 26, 2009

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 86

Good week this week...unfortunately it's coming after a bad weekend. So once again it's all comes down to Thursday. I'm just about even with last week now. I plan to lift weights this afternoon and then do some Cardio with the TV tonight after the girls go to bed. Hopefully that will be the thing to push me over.

So what am I going to do about these weekends? Well Lent has arrived so that will help a little, what with the whole forced fasting of Fridays. (Say that 10 times fast). I am also going to try and watch what I eat a little better this weekend and get in at least one cardio session at home. The goal is to gain no more than 1 pound over the weekend.

Speaking of lent, I was reminded of two things at the Ash Wednesday service yesterday.

1. It is so much easier to kneel in the pews at church when you don't have 4-feet of stomach pushing you off balance. I went to church right after working out and even after 4.6 miles on the treadmill, I was able to kneel on a kneeler and be almost comfortable for the first time in my life.

2. Yesterday was also a day of fasting, and it got me remembering all those years where I would stay up until midnight on a Lenten Friday just so I could pig out. Glad those days are behind me.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
2/26 226.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 220
6.4 to go

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony -

I'm guessing a loss of 1.2 - I'm hoping the weekday momentum will push you over to a loss!

Kara

Anonymous said...

1 lb loss
~Teresa

Anonymous said...

1.4 loss.
Sister Sarah

Anonymous said...

.4 lb loss
Love Mom