Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Good Run

I just got back from my run and realized that today's outing was my longest distance since last October. This both makes me happy and sad. Happy that I'm building stamina and speed again. Sad that I let my distances fall off so fast after last years 10K race.

Last year I was doing up to 9 mile runs. Today I am barely making 4. Part of that is timing and the fact that I'm not distance training right now and part of it is not pushing myself.

This just proves it's always good to have something to be working towards. I'm really glad that race season is fast approaching, I'm feeling the need for the extra motivation.

The extra mileage today was extra good considering how un-good I was over the weekend.

4.8 miles, if you were wondering. Not all running. Although the running was around a 9:30 pace.

Tony

3 comments:

Ron said...

Congrats you can get back up to 9, just keep working at it!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed to see anyone running even a mile, much less four or nine. I am sure if you put the time back in training you would be back to nine in no time.

Andrew is getting fit said...

That's why I love the races. They keep me motivated to keep heading out the door!