Monday, December 1, 2008

The Weigh-In Week 73 and Race Report

I got a little overwhelmed by leftover turkey and balck Friday super shopping and trips to see Santa and general holiday laziness and never quite got around to weighing in as I promised.

Sorry, but really I can't imagine there were too many people frantically hitting refresh Friday morning to see how my Gabble Gallop race went.


First the weigh in.

I forgot our scale at home so I weighed myself on my in-laws scales. Yes I said scales. One scale had me at 219 on Thursday morning. The other had me at 222. I'm going to make the official weigh in weight 221, since my mother-in-law thinks her digital scale is about 1 pound off from ours at home.

Bummer that I bumped back up over 220 again but sadly not unexpected. It's going to take a bit of a miracle to get back down under 220 this week. I just couldn't resist all those yummy pies!!!

As for the race, it was a ton of fun. Not my best race...in fact it may be my slowest time yet. But Laura and I had a great time getting up early and heading down to the lake. Laura ran into a bunch of people she knew, and I think she was a little proud to be one of those "crazy people who would get up and go for a run on Thanksgiving morning when it's only 22 degrees outside." I know I was pretty proud.

It sure helps a lot to have two awesome in-laws who are willing to take care of and bathe twin 2 year olds and cook a dinner for 12 at the same time, just so the kids can go be wild and crazy.

Here are the race results:

28:27.4 Was the official time

I finished 366 out 910

I was 299 out of 401 Men

I was 58 out of 97 Men 30-39

My pace was 9:10 per mile.


I think everybody's times were a little slow. It snowed like crazy from 5am to 9 am the morning of the race so by the time we started at 9:30 the roads were crazy slippery. I think being so careful not to fall wore me down faster and as I got tired I slowed down even more to avoid slipping, resulting in a slow last 1.1 miles.

In the long run (no pun intended) I was out to have fun, so mission accomplished.

Tony
12/01 221 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
Lots to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

It sounds like the race was great fun!