Monday, October 13, 2008

A New Beginning

The race went great!

Once again we could not have asked for a more beautiful day.

I'll give a full race report later in the week when I have more time and some pictures loaded up.

The good news is, I met my goal of finishing in under 1 hour.

My official time was 57:12...although my watch said 57:03.

I finished 266 out of 605 racers.

My dad finished in 53:45 and my brother-in-law finished in 50:46. Evan was just 19 people short of cracking the top 100!


So now I find myself in a weird place.

I have been in training for one event or another for nearly a year now. I started my hardcore 5K training last January and moved from that to Triathlon training and from that to 10K training.

I am going to hold off for a little while on choosing my next "life goal". I want to concentrate on trying to get back on track to getting to 208 pounds, which is the only goal on my original list that I have left to reach.

As part of that I am trying to figure out what my new workout routine should be. Sadly I am completly lost when it comes to the non-running training.

The strength routine I have been following came from a triathlon training book from the early 80's and I don't think it is working for me anymore.

I have pretty much plateaued for the last few months. Mostly do to my lack of understanding and a lack of pushing myself.

I want to find a good all around work out that includes running cardio, fitness, strength and sculpting.

I think I am starting to figure out the basics but I also think I have a lot of trial and error ahead of me as well.

I have considered hiring a personal training to help design a workout for me, but where is the challenge in that...besides those people cost money!!!

For now the search continues.

As always, advice is appreciated.

Tony

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

A great weightlifting program (that doesn't take a huge amount of time) is the Stronglifts.com 5x5. I'm going to do that again early in the new year - I'm focused on the running for now.