Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 68

I feel like I am starting over...for many reasons.

1. Weight: I was above 220 pounds for the first time in months. An my weight has been staying on the high side more and more these days. I have had this goal of getting to 208 for more than 6 months now and I have made no real progress. Basically, when it comes to weight I am right where I was last December, almost a year ago. Granted that means I have maintained my weight loss for a year now, but I feel like I am really ready to start making progress again.

2. Workouts: I majorly changed up my workouts this week for the first time since last March and between the fumbling of figuring things out, the sore muscles and the butt kicking run, I feel like I am at the begging again. Which is good, because it means I am making progress.

Here's what I figured out about my strength training: My routine is pretty solid, but I have gotten lazy. In doing some research I realized that I am doing the right exercises but My weights were way too low. I found a few good articles on how to determine how much weight I should be using, and in some cases I was under by 30 pounds or more. After getting to the right weights on Tues. I could really feel a difference. The first time I have a good sore from lifting in months.

As for running I did some hardcore interval training yesterday and it really kicked my butt. I manged to do 3.6 miles at a and average of 9:30 a mile but I had to walk a lot more than I have had to in months. So interval training is definitely going to become a more permanent part of my workouts. At least once a week, and probably twice a week most weeks.

HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART:
The Weight Loss challenge I set for myself a few weeks ago was really good motivation. So I am going to do it again...but bigger and better. This time around I am guaranteeing 4 WEEKS of WEIGHT LOSS...in a row. Starting with tomorrows weigh-in.
If I fail to lose weight in any of those weeks I will suffer the consequences for that week.

The Consequences:
1. I will have to cook dinner every night for a week.
2. No TV for that week from Friday to Friday (excluding the Girls Bedtime Movie)
3. I have to replace one meal everyday for that week with a salad.
4. The following weeks weighing photo will be a picture of my shirtless belly.

4 weeks, 4 Consequences.
All inspired by your suggestions from the last challenge.

The goal here is to be at 208 by Christmas and to be at a new low (under 213) by Thanksgiving.


Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
10/16 220.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
Lots to go

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - You have a new plan!!
This week I vote for a loss of 1.2 lbs.

I got to see your girls yesterday - they are Sooo cute!
~Teresa

Anonymous said...

1 pound loss, congrats again on a great race.
Good luck!
Nana Heather