Friday, June 20, 2008

THe Weigh-In Week 53



217.6. That's what it said on the scale this morning. A gain of 1.2 pound.

Not bad, considering. Honestly I thought it would be much worse.

Now something much more up beat.

Ellie is doing great. She hardly even acknowledges her scar, so it must not be hurting much. I see Maggie looking at it every once and awhile, but she never says anything about it so I guess she's fine with it too.

We will get the stitches out early next week and hopefully by next Friday it will be a distant memory.

Here's the fun news from the week. OK, maybe not so much fun as grueling physical endurance news. I noticed yesterday that the triathlon was only 1 month and 1 day away, That makes today the month mark.

With only 1 month to go the tri seems suddenly real. So, yesterday I decide to try something new in my training. I did what they call in the triathlon world a "brick". I assume they call it that because that is how your legs feel when you are done.

A brick is two legs of the triathlon done back to back. Yesterday I biked 9 miles then hoped off the bike and ran for 1.8 miles. A little short of the 2.5 I will need for the race, but I am very proud of it for my first back to back attempt. Even better, when I got back and calculated my time, I managed to keep a pace of 8:30 minute miles as I was running. I almost never run that fast. I still can't believe that I did it after getting off a bike!

I think I will be making bricks a regular part of my work outs for these last few weeks leading up to the tri.

It's supposed to be sunny and 80 all weekend. Finally summer has officially arrived!!!!!

No winner this week. Everyone voted for a loss...as you should have. Your continued optimism gives me something to strive for next week.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Tony
06/20 217.6 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.6 lbs. to go

No comments: