Thursday, June 19, 2008

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 53

What started out as set up for a great week of weight loss has kind of falling into a bit of chaos.

My lovely wife and I had dinner out at one of the best steak houses in the city on Tues. to celebrate our 8-year anniversary. It was an amazing meal!!!! But, not exactly the kind of meal you eat when you are looking for a nice week of weight loss.

The meal wouldn't have been a problem...but then we had an interesting day on Wed.

When I was a little kid I was kind of accident prone.. At least that's how I look at it. My parents would more likely say that I was a little hellion who had the ability to find every dangerous thing in the world to climb on , jump off or run through. Need less to say, I spent my fair share of time in hospitals when I was a kid....by not fault of my excellent and highly qualified parents.

Turns out my daughter Ellie is doing a great job of following in her Dads footprints.

She fell and hit her head on our patio yesterday afternoon, requiring a trip to the emergency room and two layers of stitches to close up the extremely deep gash in her forehead.

To her credit little Ellie was amazing at the hospital, she didn't cry or scream while they stitched her up. In fact she spent most of the time entertaining the ER docs with her eclectic song stylings.

To her moms credit, Laura also did not scream or cry or faint or throw up.

Anyway, our sumptuous anniversary meal was followed by a day of stress eating and very little exercise.

Fortunately Ellie will be just fine. She will most likely end up with a small scar on her forehead, but considering how things could have gone we'll take a scar and count our blessings.

And that will be my excuse if I end up posting a gain this week.

It's also my excuse for not logging food this week.

I'll start again next week.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.


I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.


Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!

Tony
06/19 216.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.4 lbs. to go


p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will still vote for a loss!
-.6lbs

~Teresa

Anonymous said...

.4 Lbs
Dad

Anonymous said...

I say you will stay even. No gain/No loss. Glad Ellie is ok. I love her vocal stylings, her rendition of the Zambonie song is my fave!!!

cousin angie

Anonymous said...

Doesn't stress sometimes help you lose weight? Plus you road your bike to work! I am going for a 1 pound loss. Good luck
Nana Heather

PS - no accidents for either girl today, just a fantastic day at the zoo. Much more fun than the ER.

Andrew is getting fit said...

1.2 pound loss!

ElleTeeJay said...

0.2...just trying to make sure you have to pay out for once...

:)