Friday, June 13, 2008

The 1 Year Anniversary Weigh-In (Week 52)



216.4! That is what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 3.6 pounds!

I'd say that is a good way to end a great year.

Once again our big winner is my Dad! Way to go Dad. Good guessing.

A quick recap on the year.

I started this journey on June 10th 2007. On that day I weighed 280. 1 year later I have lost 63.6 pounds.

My heaviest weight ever was 288. From that I have lost 71.6 pounds.

I am only 3.6 pounds above my lowest weight of 213.

In the past year I have started running.
For the first time in my life I can run more than three miles.
I completed a 5k race in under 27 minutes.
I swam a mile.
I have taken up biking.
I have started strength training.
I have developed muscles.
The clothes in my closet have shrunk from XXL to L.
I can waterski again.
My back no longer hurts.
I have stopped snoring.
I have stopped wheezing when I walk up stairs.

And...I have made some amazing friends.

I am really proud of the things I have been able to accomplish this year. Like I have said all along, I could have never done it with out the support and encouragement of my friends and family. You guys have been the support that I needed, the courage I never had and the conscience I have been searching for.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank YOU!

This journey is far from over. I still have a lot of goals I want to accomplish before I rest.
The triathlon is coming up.
I am still trying to get to 208.
I want to take my running to the next level.
I want to work on toning my body.

So please stick around, because really, this is just the beginning.

Here is the treat I promised you yesterday. At least I think it's a treat. Click on the pic to see every weigh-in photo from this year, all in one image.


1 year down, 70 more to go!


Tony
06/12: 216.4 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
8.4 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from one loser to another! Keep up the good work.