Thursday, June 12, 2008

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 52

This is it! The big one year anniversary edition of the Guess How Much I Weigh Contest.

This has been a good week. Despite eating a little too much in Duluth over the weekend and a few questionable choices during the week, it's looking like I should have a good loss this week. I have been working out like a mad man. I managed to get in a good ride and a good run over the weekend and I am finally starting to stretch my runs past 3.1 miles. On Monday I almost made it 4 miles in 36 minutes.

A year ago, if someone had told me I would be running almost 4 miles by now, I would have wet my pants laughing. It has been an amazing year full of some amazing accomplishments.

No matter what the scale says tomorrow, I will be celebrating a year that I am very, very proud of.

Over the weekend my Brother-in- Law and His Wife gave me a belated birthday present, work out clothes. Which is the same thing my wife gave me for my birthday. As I was putting away laundry this morning I realized that I now have more workout clothes than any other type of clothes in my closet, with the exception of t-shirts. That in itself is a pretty major accomplishment.

I can finally stop wearing the 3XL sleeveless t-shirts that have been the staple of my workout wear.

I am hoping to have a fun little year end wrap up tomorrow.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Stats for the week of June 9th.


Calories Consumed: From Monday morning through Wed. night I have consumed aprox. 16836 calories.

Calories Burned: From Monday morning through Wed. night I have burned aprox. 22698 calories.

37% of my calories were from Fat
13% of those were from Saturated Fat
45% of my calories were from Carbs
16% of my calories were from Protein

Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!

Tony
06/12: 220 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
12 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nice solid loss of 2lbs! Congratulations on a great year of effort and amazing results!!
~Teresa

Andrew is getting fit said...

2.2 pounds!

And congratulations on the improved running. I'm in the same boat as you with regard to that. If you had told me I'd be able to run a year ago I'd have laughed you out of the house.

Anonymous said...

1.8 loss! Happy Anniversary!
Nana Heather

Michele P. said...

first, Happy Anniversary! Losing weight is a major accomplishment and something you should be very proud of! I'm guessing 1.5 lbs lost. Congrats again!

ElleTeeJay said...

Happy one-year anniversary, sweetie! (And a belated eight-year anniversary, too.)

I'm going with 2.4. Love you!

Unknown said...

Dang, I was gonna say 2.4... guess I'll go with 2.6, Bob.

4 miles in 36 min? I managed to do my first 30+min run and I went 2.4 miles in 36min. I've got a long way to go to catch up to you.

Tony said...

Webcudgel,

You'll be amazed at how fast you start to pick up the pace. Way to go on the 30 minute run. That is a huge hurdle!

Anonymous said...

4lbs.
Dad

Anonymous said...

4lbs.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I meant to say 3lbs.

Dad