Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Still Here

Just a quick note to say I am still here. I am bogged down trying to get things done before vacation.

I feel like I have been going through withdrawal these past two days. After the big eating weekend I have been jonsing for sweets...and sadly I have given in more often than not. So today is rededication day. I pledge to be good today and tomorrow so I can swing into vacation on an up tick...or down tick.

Miracle of Miracles the scale has been on my side during these mini binges. I have managed to lose a pound and a half of the 5 I gained over the weekend. I still don't think I'll have a loss this week. But it would be nice to get close to 214 again.

Out of guilt I have been pushing myself extra hard in the gym these last two days, I am sure that has helped with the scale.

Yesterday I achieved a new gym milestone. I managed to do 50 push ups in one go. I was shooting for 50 push ups in 50 seconds. I didn't have a watch so I don't know how long it actually took me but it couldn't have been much longer then a minute.

The attempt was inspired by this article over at Men's Health . I am pretty impressed that I managed it on the first try.

If I can get to the gym today, I am going to try a split workout, 4 miles on the bike and 2 miles on the treadmill. Just to see how it feels.

Oh and I singed up for another 5K with my Dad. More on that later.

Contest tomorrow.

Tony
03/24: 216lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
5 lbs. to go

p.s. So much for a short check in post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on the 50 pushups in a row. I'm only up to 25 but I'll get there!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!! I had to try it myself! It took me 1 min 45 sec to do 50 knee push-ups! I can't do 50 real pushups!!

Does this mean we are going to have to run and do push-ups this weekend?

Way to go!
Teresa