Friday, February 15, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 20

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

What a week! I can’t believe it’s Friday already.

I need to be perfectly honest…I have been ravenous all week. My stomach has been growling from morning until night. In fact, I could eat my desk right now. I’ve been tracking my WW Points (thought I’d try something new) and having a heck of a time staying within my daily allotment. Goal for next week: fill up on more veggies.

I got to the gym four times this week. Yoga on Monday night, personal training session on Tuesday, cardio on Wednesday and this morning. I stayed home yesterday morning so that I could be with my darling husband and beautiful little girls on Valentine’s Day morning. We surprised them with books and special placemats and heart-shaped waffles with raspberries and whipped cream. They loved it and, from what I hear, they requested that breakfast as a “snack” all day long.

I enjoyed my training session with Stef, who is very positive and supportive. We didn’t get through the entire work-out in the one-hour session, so another session will be in order. My quads are still a little sore this morning from the lunges. When I saw Stef this morning I told her that I can still feel the fatigue in my muscles when I move my foot from the gas pedal to the brake pedal. She was a little surprised and said I may want to decrease the number of lunges next time. Oh, thank goodness.

I am starting to see some new muscle definition in my arms, shoulders, and calves. It is also very easy to tell which clavicle I broke playing touch football in eight grade. I haven’t seen collarbones in quite a while…how nice.

‘Til next Friday!
Laura (a.k.a. Elle Tee Jay)

2/08/2008: 186.8 pounds
2/15/2008: 186.4 pounds (a loss of 0.4 pounds)
Total pounds lost: 42.0 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds (4.4 pounds to go)

3 comments:

Tony said...

And what lovely collar bones they are.

You are doing great sweetie...and looking great too!

Laura N said...

I have to admit, my collar bones are one of my favorite features now. I didn't have them for so stinking long. Now that they are back, I never ever wear necklaces. I don't want to cover them up. How nutso is that? I can't wait until warm weather so I can reveal them again. Good for you for finding yours again! Great workout week, girl.

Anonymous said...

Laura, I'm so proud of you for all your dedication to your workouts. It's not easy to get up in the morning when it's so cold outside.
Congratulations on your loss last week.
Love Sandy