Monday, February 11, 2008

The Perfect Weekend

Despite temps that dipped south of 30 degrees (when you count the wind chill) I had a nearly perfect weekend.

We carted the family up to my parents lake place for a little hibernation. Although we didn't hibernate nearly as much as the weather would have permitted.

It was a weekend full of good fun, good food and a lot of video games.

Best of all it was a very active weekend with some huge milestones.

My father and my brother-in-law and I went for a run on Saturday morning...when the wind chill was a measly 5 above. This was the first time I have run with my father in more than 6 months. Not only did I mange to keep up and finish another outdoor 5K, I did it faster than ever before.

We did 4.3 miles in 42 minutes. I had to take a 4 minute walk break at around 3.5 miles. Other than that I ran the whole way. My normal runs are around 3.9 miles in 45 minutes. A huge improvement. It helps that I was cold and motivated to show off in front of my dad.

We also packed up the whole family and hit the pool on Saturday. Again, a great way to stay active and I just love how much my little girls love the water. Oh, the hot tub felt pretty good after that run too.

As for the video games... there was no sitting around mashing buttons. We were Wii-ing it baby. Maybe not a great workout but still something active.

Turns out the only Wii game I am any good at is Tennis. My lovely wife and my sister kicked my butt at Boxing. My wife kicked my butt at Cow Racing. (Yes cow racing is an actually game.) My mother kicked everybody's butt at bowling.

Heck even my 80-year old grandma kicked my butt at bowling.

Maybe the best part of the weekend was the food. My lovely wife and sister and mother made some delicious meals this weekend that, while not being "diet" healthy, were made with our healthy lifestyles in mind. It made it so much easier to eat good this weekend knowing that everyone else was trying to do the same thing.

And we ate well too. Turns out it's not that hard to make great tasting meals that are also better for you meals. Says the guy who did no cooking this weekend.

I did gain 2.8 pounds over the weekend but according to my wife most of that is due to the sodium in the Chicken we had for dinner last night. I am betting the gain is gone by tomorrow.

214 here I come!

Tony
2/11: 215.2lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
1.2 pounds to go.

No comments: