Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekends Are Killing Me


I know this has been a common theme from the very beginning, but I have got to figure out a way to get my weekend eating under control.

I am so good during the week and then once my daily routines go away so do my healthy habits.

It's not like I'm going crazy every weekend. But there always seem to be two or three key moments where I do something stupid that causes the scale to jump 3 pounds on Monday morning.

This weekend we were in Duluth. We had a lovely weekend. We even got out to see a movie with some friends. Two movies in one week. What is going on here?!!!

Laura and I split a medium popcorn. A movie just isn't a movie without the popcorn. But then for some reason I finished off an entire box of Dots that we had bought for our friend. It makes no sense. I wasn't hungry. I'd just had a big thing of popcorn and a nice dinner.

They were there. That is the only reason I ate them. They were there.

It amazes me how Monday though Friday I can be so good and not feel hungry, but on Sunday afternoon I can eat a brunch with more calories than any entire week day worth of eating and still feel starved.

So now that I am feeling back on track with my week day eating. The next step is to get the weekends under control.

I need to find a balance between having a little freedom and going totally hog wild.


I did do one good thing this weekend. I got up on Sunday morning and went for a run down by Lake Superior. It was so beautiful. A winter run down by the lake is one of the most peaceful things you'll ever experience.

I was supposed to go cross country skiing with my father-in-law but the rental place rented me to left boots. Always check before you leave the store. I am pretty proud of myself for channeling my frustration into a run instead of plopping down on the couch in front of the TV.

Tony
2/04: 216.8lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
2.8 pounds to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh...I have the same problem with weekends. I think in the week it is easier to stick to your routine.

Avindair said...

The diet plan I've been on since June of '07 combines the Slim Fast setup with the "Body Shaping for Men" regime.

Why does this matter? Because you're supposed to cheat one day a week.

My cheat day is Sunday. Some weeks I'm down-to-Earth about it, and just have three meals and maybe some ice cream; others (like two weeks ago) involve me losing my frigging gourd and actually having a Blizzard from DQ.

Does my weight bump up on Monday? Yep. But the trend has been down, down, down, with 30 lbs being shed since June of '07.

So it ain't just you. :)

MB said...

I can lose 2-3 pounds every week but tend to go back to the starting line by Sunday night. It is definitely a challenge to stay on track on the weekends.