Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday

It's ash Wednesday. A day of abstinence and fasting for us Catholics to kick off the lenten season.

I think I have done a good job of getting my snacking under control these last two weeks, but I can guarantee you that I am going to have cravings all day today. Simply because I am told I must fast, it will be a struggle.

When it's my choice no problem. When it's somebody else's choice, bring on the cravings.

I suppose that's the repentance part of the day. If we're not conscious of the sacrifice then the sacrifice doesn't mean much does it.

So bring on the cravings. For today and today only I welcome them as a chance to reflect and repent and to give thanks for all the gifts I have been given.

Tony
2/05: 216.8lbs
NEW GOAL: 214
2.8 pounds to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I eat every two to three hours all day long. I always think Ash Wednesday will be hard for me, but it never is. I'm grateful for the times that we show our love through a little sacrifice. Today was a good day for me, I hope it was for you.
Love Mom