Friday, January 18, 2008

The Wife Weighs In...Week 16

Happy Friday, GHMIW fans!

Okay...let's be perfectly honest...I am bitter. I had a gain this week and I am not pleased.

Of course, it was to be expected. We had pizza with friends last Friday night. Then, on Saturday night, Tony and I had a lovely and indulgent dinner that included appetizers, a pasta entree, and champagne cocktails. Later, we had after-dinner cocktails and split a dessert. We went out for breakfast the next morning and had Chinese take-out this week. To top it off, I was only able to get to the gym twice because of all the other things we had going on.

Bitter...bitter...bitter...and angry.

Exhale.

You know, on the other hand, in the past, this would have left me feeling demoralized instead of angry. I suppose that's a good thing.

I guess it's a huge positive that it's left me feeling sort of motivated. Yeah...that's it. I'm feeling motivated to hit this thing head on in the upcoming week. I'm refusing to let this get the best of me. I am bound and determined not to let myself slip back into those 190's I so desperately want to leave behind. I am a misses' size 16 now and, as God is my witness, I WILL NEVER SHOP AT LANE BRYANT AGAIN!

Exhale.

That felt pretty good. I haven't had a Scarlett moment in a while.

As another positive, I really felt great on our date night. Tony took the picture posted before we left the house on Saturday. It felt so good to go out and not be one of the heaviest girls in the room. That's something I haven't experienced in years and it is something I will be holding on to for a while, in case I need to remind myself why I started this in the first place.

Have a good weekend!
Elle Tee Jay (a.k.a. Laura)

My update:
1/11/2008: 187.8 (a loss of 3.8 pounds)
1/18/2008: 189.4 (a gain of 1.6 pounds)
Total loss: 39.0 pounds
Next goal: 182.0 pounds

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking picture
Bob

Laura N said...

You look great in your photo! There will be weeks like that--ups and downs. The important thing is to keep going.

Not having to ever shop in Lane Bryant is a huge victory. I love walking by that store and secretly gloating I don't have to ever go in there again. Hope this is a good week for you and your hubby.