Friday, November 2, 2007

The Weigh-In Week 21



220.6!!!! That is what it said on the scale this morning!!! That's a loss of 5 pounds!!!!

Sadly there may be an asterisks attached to this amazing drop. Both my lovely wife and I seem to have picked up a stomach bug from our daughters this week. Some resulting physiological issues associated with said stomach bug may have contributed to this miraculous decline.

I guess we won't know for sure until next weeks weigh-in. If the number jumps back up the loss is tainted...but if it stays down...well woo-hoo for me.

There are a few other factors that may have contributed to this mornings scale sensation. Yesterday’s workout was a killer. An all new routine that targeted a whole lot of new muscles. I worked out earlier than usually which probably shocked my system a little as well. Plus last weeks weight gain was probably inflated based on a few days of bad eating vs. actual weight gain.

While I think the stomach bug may have contributed an extra pound or 2 to this week’s loss, I was probably on track to loss 2 to 3 pounds just from diet and exercise.

Which means I could very well be in sight of reaching my 220-pound goal next week!!! Once I reach 220 it is just another 6 pounds until I move out of the obese category and into to merely overweight!


No winner this week since we only had six votes. The closest to the mark was Teresa with a guess of 2.5 pounds.

Tony
11/2: 220.6 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
.6 lbs. to go

p.s. Sorry for the over abundance of exclamation points. Guess I'm a little excited!!!!!

2 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

Did you ever think that when you started this journey that this goal would be attainable? What an amazing accomplishment, sweetie! I am so proud of you!

Let's make sure it happens this week! I'm behind you (and your rapidly shrinking silouhette) every step of the way!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you!!!!!
I'm so proud of all the work you are doing to reach your goals. Tony, you are so close to your first big goal. Sorry that you didn't feel well this week. Keep it up, you will make it soon. Remember, you wanted to get to this weight by May 29th, 2008.
Love Mom