Friday, September 21, 2007

The Weigh-In Week 15




234.2! That's what it said on the scale this morning. Which makes this weeks total a gain of .2 lbs. Yes I said a gain. I know, it seemed like I could do no wrong but I have been bested. My conquering foe? Deep Fried Macaroni and Cheese.

Can you believe it. I missed keeping the streak alive by a mere three tenths of a percent. I was totally resigned to having a gain this week but missing by such a small amount makes it a little harder to take.

I was pretty good last night. I had two beers and a lot of greasy fried food including the aforementioned deep fried mac and cheese, along with some hot wings, tatter tots and waffle fries.

Here is the major difference between last night and a year ago, and the reason I can say I did pretty good last night. Last night I stopped eating before all the plates were empty. Sure I ate a lot, but I didn't eat as much as I could have. Sadly that is a really big step for me. Like I have said before, up until 6 months ago if there was food around, I ate.

Today starts a new chapter in this weight loss journey. Lets see if I can beat the 14 week streak! Keeping a streak going could be a lot harder this time around as I have a feeling my losses are going to start slowing down now that I have lost so much.

The big winner this week is my Dad. He guessed that I would stay even. I have no clue what my Dad's prize will be. Luckily I have a little while to figure it out since my parents are heading off to Sunny Croatia this morning. Have a great trip guys.

I know you are all dying to know who our special guest is this week. I have asked my lovely wife Laura to join me for weigh-in Fridays. She has been on her own healthy lifestyle journey these past few months. I figured since she was already weighing-in in the comments section, why not make it an official part of the site. She has been doing amazing and deserves just as much support and praise as I do. Hopefully you will be hearing from her every Friday from here on out.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tony
9/21: 234.2 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
14.2 lbs. to go

6 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

That is a very sad face, sweetie. Just imagine the huge loss you are going to have next week!

Anonymous said...

Tony i do not think you owe me a prize. If the rules are you can not go over, I think I am over. Your negitives and positives are in reverse. If you lose -1 Lbs and someone guesses -.5 they win even though -.5 is bigger than -1. Today you were +.2 and I guessed 0 and in reverse 0 is bigger than +.2. This will get some people thinking.
Keeping working hard and you will reach your goal.
Love Dad

apt said...

Maybe reweigh after a hair and nail trim? Not that you need either, but maybe you could keep the streak alive that way?
Good for you on the other victories, though.

Em said...

Tony, you should be so proud! For all that you ate last night, you did a really good job. Part of this journey, is still eating waffle fries and drinking beer. It's not all about carrots and celery all day!! We have to live with this our whole lives so we have to make it work. I think you did a fine job making it work this week.

And Laura!! I am so happy we will be hearing more from you on this blog. I am looking forward to your posts.

Have a great weekend J's!!!

Em

ElleTeeJay said...

Spot on, Em...spot on! I only lost 0.8 this week, but I certainly enjoyed my Colorado Bulldogs and beer last Saturday night!

Anonymous said...

Yeah to everyone! I went to WW this week after a 3 week vacation from "officially" weighting in and I am down 2.6 lbs. I have 1.2 to get to the highest that I can be at WW for my height but the good news is that I do not have to pay anymore! I have 5.2 lbs to go to get to where I want to be and to stay (which will be the hard part). I have a goal of Christmas for these 5.2 lbs. I know that may be far away but I have a lot going on from now until then including a trip to India and I may have to eat white rice and flat bread for 7 to 10 days :)
Laura,
Sorry I missed you at WW today but the car would not start and I did not get there until 8.