Tuesday, September 18, 2007

38's And Still Overweight

I forgot to mention yesterday that I did hit the outlet mall this weekend. I bought 3 pair of new jeans and all 3 pair were size 38! I didn't even bother trying on size 40's, which is where I assumed I would be. So it is official, I have gone from a size 44 to a size 38. I also bought some large t-shirts at the Old Navy outlet. The t-shirts fit, but they are a little too revealing. I need to lose another ten pounds and slim up my side saddles before I can wear them.

The t-shirts got me thinking about how far I have come and how far I have left to go. In all my celebration lately I have forgotten that I am still severely overweight. ..at least according to all of the charts. I am really proud of what I have accomplished, but the truth is I have a long way to go to be really healthy. I think it is good to keep reminding myself of that. It keeps the fire alive.

I've also been thinking a lot about my goal. My original goal was to get down to 220 pounds by my birthday next year. My birthday is still 254 days away. To get to my goal I would only need to lose 0.386 lb. I have decide to change things. I am leaving the weight the same but moving up the date.

My new goal is to reach 220 lbs by Christmas. Don't panic but Christmas is only 14 weeks away! I can't believe it either.

14 pounds in 14 weeks.

Over the past 4 months I have averaged a weekly loss of 2.5 lbs. If I can keep something even close to that average I may even be able to make my goal by Thanksgiving.

After I reach 220 I will set my next goal. 220 will leave me just a touch on the obese side of the scale. So my next goal will be to get down to "moderately overweight". I'll make it official in a few months but I think my next goal will be to lose 21 pounds and get under 200.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be Positive
Think of all the achievement you have made, you will be proud of yourself as you really did very great. But it seems that you need some support on the way to success. If you need some help, my friends on largefriends.com may help you out with that problem.
Bless you!!!